Joanna Clark Dawyd, writer and freelance editor (contact via email)
- Article – “Freelance Editing” (published in FellowScript in February 2012)
- Book reviews – Posted on my blogs for Booksneeze.com or whenever I feel compelled to review something I’ve read for fun.
Editing Experience, Freelance:
- Book - The Life Story of Ferdinand the Second by Fred Tonn (I provided substantive editing, proofreading, and some layout help. This memoir was self-published in 2011.)
- Book – The Valley of the Giants by Jenny Mernickle (I provided substantive editing for this YA novel. It is currently unpublished.)
- I have also provided copy-editing and substantive editing of university essays for various clients.
Editing experience, Volunteer:
- FellowScript Inscribe Writers’ Newsletter (I am part of the team responsible for substantive editing, copy-editing, and layout for four magazine-style issues per year.)
- Course – Grammar for Writers, Grant MacEwan University 2005
- Course – Proofreading and Copyediting, Grant MacEwan University 2006
- Course – Critical Reading and Writing, Grant MacEwan University 2007-2008
- Course – Applied Editing, Grant MacEwan University 2008
Find me on the web: